Running a "Last Seen Report" using the data in 1 Tab and viewing it in another Tab

Wilkesy13

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I fear this may be a hugely technical request but have no doubt in the ability of the amazing people on here.

Question:
I have a spreadsheet that I use for monitoring assets, the assets are kept in one location but out of the pool of assets there are always some that are being used and so can be weeks or months until they are checked. I have the assets listed in a Tab in column A (for discussion purposes let's say 1-50). I have then grouped 5 columns (C-G, H-L, M-Q etc.) under specific dates/days of the week when certain checks are completed and headed as follows "Checked," "Checked By," "Ticket Ref:," "Condition" and "Fault." You can see how it works in the example below and all of the dates that the checks are performed are listed in Row 2.

The "Checked By," "Condition" & "Fault" cells all have drop down lists. When an option is chosen from the "Checked By" column it turns the "Checked" column green and places a 1 in the cell.

What I'd really like to be able to do, in another Tab, is be able to see when an asset was last checked. I have absolutely no idea if this is possible as I have only BASIC excel knowledge but if anyone has an idea or solution I will be very pleased to hear it.

I hope I have explained adequately but in anyone's quest for help, if you have questions please let me know.

For anyone that tackles this mighty challenge I thank you sincerely in advance.

1631021128621.png

Done, Done and Done!

Completed and working exactly how I had hoped. You're AMAZING
Thank you and sorry for holding it all back with my terrible communication
You are welcome.

Note that I re-marked the solution.
Typically, you want to mark the reply that contains the solution to the original question as the "solution".
So I marked the post with the last version of the code that finally worked for you.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
You are welcome.

Note that I re-marked the solution.
Typically, you want to mark the reply that contains the solution to the original question as the "solution".
So I marked the post with the last version of the code that finally worked for you.
Gotcha!

Thanks again Joe, I'm grateful you didn't give up on me no matter how frustrating I must have been to help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back