Running total for each row

markmac234

Hi
I am trying very hard to get to grips with Excel and for the most part, I'm doing OK. However, I have a problem with a table I'm trying to create. Basically, I want a list of serial numbers for components in the first column, a second column which will be used as an input column for hours and the third column will be the total for each row. Each week I have to input the hours used for each serial numbered component, which will then give me a running total per row for each item. Also, is there a way of clearing the data entered in the second column ready for the next data input a week later? Please send any ideas or some other way of approaching this.
Thanks,
Mac

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
well the first part for the running total is quite easy..... lets say you have 25 things in your list but you may be getting that list up to 50 eventually.... the list that you want your running total in is in the "C" column... click in cell c51 and typ =sum(c1:c50) and press enter... thats your running total.... it does not sound like your spreadsheet is too intricate..... if you want to clear the column and start again highlight the selection you want cleared with your mouse and right click and select clear contents

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back