RunTime Error 13:'Type Mismatch' -again

daveatthewell

There are a number of posts on this and other forums regarding this error. I've now got this problem and I'm not even writing any code -per se. Two pcs: one runs XP home with office 2003, the other runs Vista 64 bit and Office 2007. In the Immediate Pane of VBA on XP/Excel 2003 typing (without quotes) "?Application.MemoryTotal <Enter>" gives me the correct total of installed RAM. Typing exactly the same command in the Immediate pane of Vista/Excel 2007 gives me a Runtime 13:Type mismatch error. This is true for the other memory system properties of the Application Object eg memoryused, memoryfree as well as memorytotal. Is it a Vista 64 bit problem or something new with Excel2007? The problem was first noticed when I tried to run a project using these properties developed under xp/2003 on the vista/2007 system.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Thanx for that and I will take a close look at the MSDN website but...
if 2007 doesn't support the functions I am trying to use, why does vba "suggest" them. Typing "application." brings up all the possible options and ".MemoryTotal" is one of them.
I'll keep looking. :(

Upvote 0
Hi Dave,

The Application.MemoryTotal property has been hidden in Excel 2007: it's still there but can only be seen if you have shown hidden members via the VBE object browser. This is documented in the helpfile under the topic "Object Model Changes Since Microsoft Office XP (2002)". Further evidence is that, if the Application.MemoryTotal property had been completely been removed, you would receive a different error number/message (something like RTE 438 Object doesn't support this property or method).

So it is there and it is accessible but, if I try to use Application.MemoryTotal in Excel 2007, I get the same error message as you: RTE 13 Type Mismatch. According to the link in phxsportz's post, the Application.MemoryTotal property returns a Long value. If I add a watch to it in Excel 2007, the watch window suggests Integer, so I'd pretty much say that you're bang out of luck on Excel 2007.

Hope that helps...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back