Sales Overview Sheet to update all figures based on Date Selection

Excel_User_10k

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I know this is possible, but trying to figure it out is another matter. I have a Sales Table where a new row is added every time a sale is 'submitted' on another sheet. I have an Overview Sheet that automatically Totals each type of sale, product, total value, etc. This will of course add up the total sales for the month, which is great. And I would like this to be the default. But I would also like the option of, maybe, a drop down box that auto-updates to show each day of the month as a new day's worth of sales are added (so that on Day 1, there isn't 30 days worth of selections but only day 1 and Month Overview). And then when a day is selected, all of the figures update to show all sales for just that date.

Part of the issue I am having is that, in the table, I have both the Date and Timestamp of when the sale is added. But for the dropdown box, I would only like it to show the date and then search the Date and Time column where that particular date is found. But finding a Formula that is able to allow a wildcard is very tricky. I imagine it will be a combination of formula's to achieve this and would mostly depend on IF formula, but it does not allow for a wildcard so I am not sure it will work.

I would rather use Formula than VBA if possible as it is more stable but I am open to it if it is the best solution.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You could round down your date and timestamp value in a separate column so you have the date and date and time separately so if the date and time is in cell A2 then the formula would be =round(a2,0) as excel holds date and time values as a decimal number the whole number being the day and the decimal being the time. so rounding to zero places when formatted as a date will give only the date element of the datetime field.

Upvote 0
You could round down your date and timestamp value in a separate column so you have the date and date and time separately so if the date and time is in cell A2 then the formula would be =round(a2,0) as excel holds date and time values as a decimal number the whole number being the day and the decimal being the time. so rounding to zero places when formatted as a date will give only the date element of the datetime field.
Hi, I know I could make a separate column. I could have time and date separate. But I have a lot of columns already and trying to minimize the amount of columns. There must be a way of doing it.

Upvote 0
If you can send a copy of what you are working with I'm happy to have a look, it is all a bit abstract being exoplained

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back