MariPip

Hi there
I have a really confusing question , but I will try to make myself as clear as possible...
So I have a registry Book, in which there are over 100 different worksheets, each asigned to a specific ''assay''. Each of them will have a cell called "Sample" next to which the sample number will appear. Also, all of the assays are included into different categories, four in total, with a variable amount the assays I just mentioned. According to those categories, there are four different sheets, each one working as a summary of the results of the assays in the categories.In each summary sheet there is a column called "Sample".
Each time a new assay is being done it will have certain results and counted as a "sample", so that the first assay to be input into ANY of the summary sheets should automatically be number 1, the next time a new assay is being done, regardless of whichever summary sheet it belongs to, it will be number two and so on. However, if someone, whilst filling the sheet of the assay they were working on, were to put a sample number that wasn't the one directly following the previous, a window would pop up with the message "are you sure?" to which the answers could be "yes" or "no", and depending on that, the sample number would be the one the person had chosen or not.
I know it is very confusing but I would REALLY appreciate some help :)!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back