Save as, as different file type

breakhappy

First off, I would like to say that I am not an experienced programmer and am just learning VB. I have no training and just try to strong together code based on logic. Most of what I've learned so far has been from forums like this one and am hoping someone here can help me. I appreciate any advice or help anyone can give me...

Based on the selection of radio buttons on a userform I created, I am looking for a sub that will 'Save As', as a different file type. Let me first describe the userform objects and then what I am trying to do.

The userform will be used for exporting data from one worksheet to another. The userform has 3 radio buttons to allow the user to save the data in different file formats. The first - .dbf format, the second - .txt format, the third - .csv format. The userform also has a textbox that allows the user to enter a name in which they would like the exported file to be named.

I am trying to string together a macro that will:
1. Identify which radio button the user has selected
2. Take the text that the user has filled in the userbox (show msgbox error if no text has been entered) and save the file as the appropriate file format type, based on which radio button has been selected.

This is the code that I had but it doesn't seem to be working (Ignore it if you think I'm going about it all wrong).
Code:
Sub SaveAsCell()
Dim strName As String
On Error GoTo InvalidName
    If DBFOptionButton = True Then
        strName = SaveFileName.Value & Sheet5.Range("E2")
        ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs strName
        FileFormat = xlDBF4
    Else
    GoTo Next_Button

Next_Button:
    If ASCIIOptionButton = True Then
            strName = SaveFileName.Value & Sheet5.Range("E3")
            FileFormat = xlText
    Else
    GoTo Next_Button2
Next_Button2:
    If CommaOptionButton = True Then
            FileFormat = xlCSV
    Else
    GoTo InvalidName

End If

Exit Sub
InvalidName: MsgBox "The text: " & strName & _
        " is not a valid file name."

End Sub [\code]

The error code that I recieve is: "Compile error: Block If without End If". Can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi Breakhappy,

Welcome to the board.

You are missing 2 "end if" lines. Remember, each time you have an "IF" you have to have an "END IF" Your code should look like this....

Code:
Dim strName As String
On Error GoTo InvalidName

If DBFOptionButton = True Then
    FileFormat = xlDBF4
        Else
        GoTo Next_Button
End If

Next_Button:

If ASCIIOptionButton = True Then
    strName = SaveFileName.Value & Sheet5.Range("E3")
    FileFormat = xlText
        Else
        GoTo Next_Button2
End If

Next_Button2:

If CommaOptionButton = True Then
    FileFormat = xlCSV
        Else
        GoTo InvalidName
End If

Exit Sub
InvalidName: MsgBox "The text: " & strName & _
" is not a valid file name."

I have not tested the code, but this should take care of the "Compile error: Block If without End If" error.

Upvote 0
You just left out a couple if End If sttements. Try this:

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> strName <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">On</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Error</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">GoTo</SPAN> InvalidName<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> DBFOptionButton = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>strName = SaveFileName.Value & Sheet5.Range("E2")<br>ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs strName<br>FileFormat = xlDBF4<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Else</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">GoTo</SPAN> Next_Button<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br><br>Next_Button:<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> ASCIIOptionButton = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>strName = SaveFileName.Value & Sheet5.Range("E3")<br>ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs strName<br>FileFormat = xlText<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Else</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">GoTo</SPAN> Next_Button2<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>Next_Button2:<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> CommaOptionButton = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>strName = SaveFileName.Value & Sheet5.Range("E2")<br>ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs strName<br>FileFormat = xlCSV<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Else</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">GoTo</SPAN> InvalidName<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Exit</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back