Save As Copy with xlxs extension

LeonardSterk

Platform
  1. Windows
Good day,

After browsing many hours on the web and this forums that were very similar, I couldn't get my macro to work nor did I understand what I was doing anymore, hence why I am here to ask for help now...

VBA Code:
Sub Contracts()

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("VGO").Copy                                                                                                                                      `Copy VGO Sheet
    ActiveSheet.Name = "Price"                                                                                                                                                  `Rename VGO sheet to Price
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:="G:\Pro\Test\" & Worksheets("Price").Range("Q1") & ".xlsx"                                        `Save file with name that's at sheet Price, cell Q1 and save as xlsx
    ActiveWorkbook.Close                                                                                                                                                          `Close the new copy, I don't want to see it
    MsgBox "The file has been saved at G:\Pro\Test\" & Worksheets("Price").Range("F1"), vbInformation, "VGO"                  `MsgBox that it's saved 

End Sub

This works all fine, no errors. Except I don't think I did the extension change wrong, even though it says "xlsx"
Originally, the file is xlsm. When saving as a new copy I want it to be xlsx, yes I know macros won't work then, I want that.
Except, macros DO work. So I think it's still a xslm file but displaying as xlsx.

Long question short:
- Do everything above but make it copy to .xlsx

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
You should always specify the FileFormat argument when performing a SaveAs operation.

Upvote 0
I tried removing & ".xlsx" and replacing with FileFormat:=51
But that didn't work

P.S.
I meant to say I do think I did the extension change wrong (I said don't, oops)

Upvote 0
Code:
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:="G:\Pro\Test\" & Worksheets("Price").Range("Q1") & ".xlsx", fileformat:=51

will save the workbook in macro free format.

Upvote 0
Solution
Code:
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:="G:\Pro\Test\" & Worksheets("Price").Range("Q1") & ".xlsx", fileformat:=51

will save the workbook in macro free format.
Hey thanks I just tried this
When opening the saved xlsx file I can still use Macros. And I thought that wasn't a thing in xlsx?
That's why I think it's still a xlsm file but idk

Upvote 0
You can still use macros but the macros will not be in that workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back