Save As PDF Macro with a twist

flyersny81

I am a beginner at Excel here and i realize the potential for this program is crazy high. I need to create a macro that will allow me to save a PDF from an XL file I am creating by running a report out of Access. This report yields a workbook with 2 sheets in it. The first tab (sheet) called "Mishkon" and the second called "Women's League". I need to save these reports separately as PDFs and they need to be saved in seperate locations. The first sheet (Mishkon) needs to be saved here: \\OS\OFS\Data\DayHab\Mishkon . The second sheet needs to be saved here: \\OS\OFS\Data\DayHab\Women's League . Here is the twist... Both sheets need to take their name from their G3 cells. I have Excel 2010 and dont want to print from my Adobe PDF printer. I would like to save as a PDF so I can run it off of computers that dont have the Adobe PDF printer installed. I have searched through the forums and found some code to try out but nothing that I could really understand to change to fit my need here. Any help would be huge and greatly appreciated. I have come to this site many times before for some great advice and answers but this time I guess I have a tailored problem.

TIA

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
I was found part of the solution. This solves the save as PDF for me... but thats it. It doesnt save it in the right location, only where the XL file itself is saved, doesnt save it as the right name and doest address the 2 sheets issue.

Code:
[COLOR=Navy]Sub[/COLOR] Save_as_pdf()[COLOR=Navy]Dim[/COLOR] FSO [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Object[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]Dim[/COLOR] s(1) [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]String[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]Dim[/COLOR] sNewFilePath [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]String[/COLOR]    [COLOR=Navy]Set[/COLOR] FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")    s(0) = ThisWorkbook.FullName        [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] FSO.FileExists(s(0)) [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR]        [COLOR=SeaGreen]'//Change Excel Extension to PDF extension in FilePath[/COLOR]        s(1) = FSO.GetExtensionName(s(0))        [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] s(1) <> "" [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR]            s(1) = "." & s(1)            sNewFilePath = Replace(s(0), s(1), ".pdf")                        [COLOR=SeaGreen]'//Export to PDF with new File Path[/COLOR]            ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat _                Type:=xlTypePDF, _                Filename:=sNewFilePath, _                Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, _                IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=True        [COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR]    [COLOR=Navy]Else[/COLOR]        [COLOR=SeaGreen]'//Error: file path not found[/COLOR]        MsgBox "Error: this workbook may be unsaved.  Please save and try again."    [COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR]        [COLOR=Navy]Set[/COLOR] FSO = [COLOR=Navy]Nothing[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Sub[/COLOR]</pre>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
then i found this which addresses the naming and the where but not the two sheets. but it has a condition that A27 needs to be something other than 0. i tried to edit it out and it errored on me.

Code:
Private Sub CreatePDF_Click()
If Range(“A27”).Value <> 0
ThenActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:= _
       "C:\docs\" & Sheets("Summary").Range("F16").Value & ".pdf", _
       Quality:=xlQualityStandard, _
       IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False

Else Exit Sub

End If
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sorry... here it is:

Code:
[COLOR=Navy]Sub[/COLOR] Save_as_pdf()
[COLOR=Navy]Dim[/COLOR] FSO [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Object
[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]Dim[/COLOR] s(1) [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]String
[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]Dim[/COLOR] sNewFilePath [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]String
[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Navy]Set[/COLOR] FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
   s(0) = ThisWorkbook.FullName
       [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] FSO.FileExists(s(0)) [COLOR=Navy]Then
[/COLOR]       [COLOR=SeaGreen]'//Change Excel Extension to PDF extension in FilePath
[/COLOR]       s(1) = FSO.GetExtensionName(s(0))
       [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] s(1) <> "" [COLOR=Navy]Then
[/COLOR]           s(1) = "." & s(1)
           sNewFilePath = Replace(s(0), s(1), ".pdf")
                       [COLOR=SeaGreen]'//Export to PDF with new File Path
[/COLOR]           ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat _
               Type:=xlTypePDF, _
               Filename:=sNewFilePath, _
               Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, _
               IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=True
       [COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]If
[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Navy]Else
[/COLOR]       [COLOR=SeaGreen]'//Error: file path not found
[/COLOR]       MsgBox "Error: this workbook may be unsaved.  Please save and try again."
   [COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]If
[/COLOR]       [COLOR=Navy]Set[/COLOR] FSO = [COLOR=Navy]Nothing
[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Sub
[/COLOR]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back