save as pdf without empty rows

KalilMe

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
hello
I search for a way to save my file as pdf without any empty rows but the empty rows it locates in this range A23:G34 so any empty rows are in this ranges should not show when save file as pdf
VBA Code:
Sub Save_PDF1()
  Dim Nm As String
  Dim Rng As Range

Set Rng = Range("a1:g44")     '<- Set your range here
  Nm = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
  Nm = Left(Nm, InStrRev(Nm, ".") - 1) & Format(Now, " yyyymmddhhmmss") & ".pdf"

Rng.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=Nm, Quality:=xlQualityStandard, _
    IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=True, OpenAfterPublish:=True

End Sub

Are you sure it doesn't print anything? If you click Yes it should print the PDF on the default printer.

I don't know how to show the print dialogue within Acrobat/Adobe.
without any doubt also I checked the setting the printer if there is outstanding the document not printing und still under procedure ,but there is no anything

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Still not clear to me. I think you would have to copy the sheet to a temporary sheet and apply the formatting you want there and save/print that sheet as a PDF.
I knew it that's not clear I think it's possible by line code almost like this
VBA Code:
sh.Range("A23:E34").Borders.LineStyle = xlNone
but it should apply when ("item","describe" ,"model","ty" , "q") there is no data then should delete the borders

Upvote 0
about post 12# I fixed it this is my mistake but may you help me about post11# ,please?

Upvote 0
Here is the complete code using a different method to print the PDF. You can specify the Windows printer name or the default printer.
VBA Code:
Option Explicit

#If VBA7 Then
    Private Declare PtrSafe Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As LongPtr, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long
#Else
    Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long
#End If

Private Const SW_HIDE As Long = 0&

Public Sub Create_PDF_and_Print()

Dim PDFfile As String
    Dim Rng As Range
    Dim hideRowsRange As Range, r As Long

Set Rng = Range("A1:G44")     '<- Set your range here
    Set hideRowsRange = Range("A23:G34")

'Hide empty rows

For r = 1 To hideRowsRange.Rows.Count
        If Application.CountA(hideRowsRange.Rows(r)) = 0 Then hideRowsRange.Rows(r).EntireRow.Hidden = True
    Next

'Create PDF

PDFfile = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
    PDFfile = Left(PDFfile, InStrRev(PDFfile, ".") - 1) & Format(Now, " yyyymmddhhmmss") & ".pdf"
    Rng.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=PDFfile, Quality:=xlQualityStandard, _
        IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=True, OpenAfterPublish:=True

'Unhide empty rows

For r = 1 To hideRowsRange.Rows.Count
        If Application.CountA(hideRowsRange.Rows(r)) = 0 Then hideRowsRange.Rows(r).EntireRow.Hidden = False
    Next

'Print PDF? Specify vbSystemModal to bring message prompt on top of other windows

If MsgBox("Do you want to print " & PDFfile & "?", vbYesNo + vbSystemModal, "Print PDF") = vbYes Then
        ShellExecute_Print PDFfile 'print on default printer
        'ShellExecute_Print PDFfile, "Windows printer name" 'print on specific printer
    End If

End Sub

Private Sub ShellExecute_Print(file As String, Optional printerName As String)
    If printerName = "" Then
        ShellExecute Application.hwnd, "PrintTo", file, vbNullString, 0&, SW_HIDE
    Else
        ShellExecute Application.hwnd, "PrintTo", file, Chr(34) & printerName & Chr(34), 0&, SW_HIDE
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
Try "Print" instead of "PrintTo" in the 2 ShellExecute lines.

Try a specific printer:
VBA Code:
ShellExecute_Print PDFfile, "Your Windows printer name"
I don't know why it isn't printing and can't really help you further.

Upvote 0
About the no printing problem. In File Explorer, right-click the .pdf file. Is Print one of the options in the context menu? If not, that might explain why the file isn't printing, because both methods are using the Windows shell (Context Menu).

Upvote 0
About the no printing problem. In File Explorer, right-click the .pdf file. Is Print one of the options in the context menu? If not, that might explain why the file isn't printing, because both methods are using the Windows shell (Context Menu).
surly it's not existed in Context Menu

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back