Save Auto-Filtered Selections

ppleasebob

Board Regular
Board,
Would appreciate your advices, is it possible to 'remember' the selections of an auto filter.

I have a scenario where we use a filtered sheet to produce a quotation, (by print workbook to pdf) Each quotation could include different items selected from a filtered list, if my quote is successful I want to be able to issue a formal version but without having to rekey any of the data, so I need a way of saving the selection and then reapplying it to the filter at a later date. The quotation is just over 1mb, and we do about a 100 a week, so I don't want to save each quote as an the individual workbook.
I had in mind a second workbook that would have a single row of data with all of the relevant selections that I could then lookup to recreate the original.

Thanks for looking.

bob

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Gary,

That's excellent, however it does increase the size of the workbook by about 3k per saved view, as mentioned in my first post, I'm already about 1mb (1.4 actually) and we are looking at about 100 quotes a week, so it could end up being a monster workbook to keep opening and closing after not very long. Also there is other data that I need to show such as client name and address for each one, that I will need to bring in from another source.

I'll keep tinkering, but Board, I'm still up for suggestions..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back