Save cell range as .scr on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambuddy

Could anyone let me know how to write a few lines to save a selected range to blah.scr on desktop. The range is A1:A12 on worksheet "DATA_1". I have other worksheets on this file but my files are exported into that sheet. Also is there a way to overwrite the file each time anyone press the generate button? Since I intend to copy this file to other computers, could the saveas file be generic and not specific to my computer but definitely lands on anyone's desktop?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Duplicate, re-posted here: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1112643-save-selected-range-script.html

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread. Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules). If you do not receive a response, you can "bump" it by replying to it again, though we advise you to wait 24 hours before doing and not to bump a thread more than once a day.

Since the other post is more detailed, I am locking this one and leaving the newer one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikojoer

This Week's Hot Topics