save copy as in different format

LINDAAXT

My process is to copy information from Google spreadsheets created by other offices onto an Excel Spreadsheet. I save as CSV to upload into our software. I only need to do this the first time then each subsequent time, I just save. I may have to do this 20 times in a row. Our software made changes the other day. Now I get an error that it won't upload because file is still open in another program. I need to somehow save as CSV but leave my original .xls file open. I tried save copy as but just read it won't work because the file extension cannot be changed. It would be too time consuming to save as then close then reopen then save as repeatedly.
Note that my Excel file as two tabs: REPLENISH 2020: formatted to copy directly from the google sheets and has other formulas. JE UPLOAD 20 is the second tab with links to REPLENISH 2020 to be in the layout required by our software.
Is there a macro that will save as CSV but leave the XLS open?
Thank you

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Copy the sheet to a new workbook, then save that as csv. That way your original file is still open.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back