Save Custom Button to Workbook

RammsteinNicCage

I created a button that is assigned a macro (do some formatting, print to PDF, undo formatting). It works fine on my computer. A co-worker then opens the file on their own computer and the button is not there, although the macro can still be accessed through the Tools menu. Is there anyway to save the button to that workbook so that it doesn't matter who opens it?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I'm a code novice but you would need code to create the button for you every time this workbook is opened.

However, you can make your own as well by going to tools | customize | commands | macros, then drag custom button to any toolbar.

Then right click the button (with customize still open) and click assign macro.

close out of customize and you're done :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I was able to make the custom button and assign it a macro with no problem. It's just a matter of having others see it because it'll be too much of a hassle to go to everyone else's computer and add it myself.

Is there another way that I can do this? I'm not set on having a custom button on a toolbar - I'd really prefer to have something like a cell outside of the print range with a "button" in it that the user can just click. Can that be done?

Upvote 0
I found the solution - I created a form button instead of a macro button and I was able to drag that to the worksheet and it looks like it works on other people's computers. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back