Save Custom Button to Workbook

RammsteinNicCage

I created a button that is assigned a macro (do some formatting, print to PDF, undo formatting). It works fine on my computer. A co-worker then opens the file on their own computer and the button is not there, although the macro can still be accessed through the Tools menu. Is there anyway to save the button to that workbook so that it doesn't matter who opens it?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

macness

I'm a code novice but you would need code to create the button for you every time this workbook is opened.

However, you can make your own as well by going to tools | customize | commands | macros, then drag custom button to any toolbar.

Then right click the button (with customize still open) and click assign macro.

close out of customize and you're done :)

RammsteinNicCage

Yeah, I was able to make the custom button and assign it a macro with no problem. It's just a matter of having others see it because it'll be too much of a hassle to go to everyone else's computer and add it myself.

Is there another way that I can do this? I'm not set on having a custom button on a toolbar - I'd really prefer to have something like a cell outside of the print range with a "button" in it that the user can just click. Can that be done?

RammsteinNicCage

I found the solution - I created a form button instead of a macro button and I was able to drag that to the worksheet and it looks like it works on other people's computers. Thanks for the help!

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inatecktechnology

This Week's Hot Topics