Save excel file as PDF and keep hyperlinks

Mandy_

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,
I've created an excel document that has internal hyperlinks within the document to different cells. When I save as -> PDF, the hyperlinks aren't active anymore. I've searched google and here, but I'm a little lost. I don't have adobe.
I am wanting to import the (PDF) file into notability (an apple app for note taking). I'm open to other suggestions if not a PDF to make this work.
Thank you for your help.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Hi,
I've created an excel document that has internal hyperlinks within the document to different cells. When I save as -> PDF, the hyperlinks aren't active anymore. I've searched google and here, but I'm a little lost. I don't have adobe.
I am wanting to import the (PDF) file into notability (an apple app for note taking). I'm open to other suggestions if not a PDF to make this work.
Thank you for your help.
See this path: Export Excel to PDF with Hyperlinks (2 Quick Methods) - ExcelDemy P.S. Office 365 can open pdf files.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you - maybe I'm missing something. The hyperlinks (internal links to different pages within the workbook) aren't being recognised at all when it is saved as a PDF.

Upvote 0
Thank you - maybe I'm missing something. The hyperlinks (internal links to different pages within the workbook) aren't being recognised at all when it is saved as a PDF.
Have you used the workbook from that webpage? It includes more hyperlinks, active also in the excel file and after saving it as pdf. Use the XLBB add-on, Dropbox etc., to post a sample of your table.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you. Here is a sample of my document. All the dates are hyperlinked to the second sheet (day planner) and they all work. Just not when the file is saved as a PDF.
I did try the document link you sent - and as they are external safari links it does make sense that the links work in this instance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 11.24.16 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 11.24.16 pm.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 0
Thank you. Here is a sample of my document. All the dates are hyperlinked to the second sheet (day planner) and they all work. Just not when the file is saved as a PDF.
I did try the document link you sent - and as they are external safari links it does make sense that the links work in this instance.
Please send an Excel format sample. Photos are not useful, as they include non-editable data. Use XLBB add-on provided by MrExcel, or any other hosting source (Dropbox, Google Docs).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back