Save .oft files at specific location with specific name using Excel Macros

vinayuppalapati

[FONT=&quot]We use Excel macros for mail merge.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]> We update to , from, subject, template address, attachment address, names, in the excel sheet and run the macro.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]> This will create draft copy of the messages in the outlook drafts folder.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]> We then individually save the draft messages to OFTs segregate as per the teams and send them to the team leads who in-turn send actual communication to the end user.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This entire process takes us around 16 hours as we have to save 100s of oft files.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I want to check if the existing macros in the excel can be modified so that it directly saves the oft files with the names and path specified in excel columns.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If we can achieve this, we will be able to complete the task in less than an hour which usually takes 16 hours.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any help on this is much appreciated. Below is the current macros code.

Code:
[COLOR=#222222][FONT=&quot]Option Explicit[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=&quot]Sub Send_Emails()        Dim Out_App As Object, Mac As Object, Out_Mail As Object, Template As String, path As String    Dim MailItem As Variant    Dim Mails_to_Send As Integer, To_Col As Integer, Cc_Col As Integer, Attach1 As Integer, Attach2 As Integer, Sub_Col As Integer, Mail_Temp As Integer, From_Col As Integer, Bcc_Col As Integer, Ad_ResourceName As Integer, Barcode_Name As Integer, DueDate As Integer, Patronname_Name As Integer, Costdetails As Integer    Dim i As Integer, Col_Cnt As Integer, j As Integer        Set Out_App = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")    Set Out_Mail = Out_App.CreateItem(MailItem)    Set Mac = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Macro")        Mails_to_Send = Mac.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row    Col_Cnt = Mac.Cells(5, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column        To_Col = Mac.Rows(5).Find("To", lookat:=xlWhole).Column    Cc_Col = Mac.Rows(5).Find("Cc", lookat:=xlWhole).Column    Sub_Col = Mac.Rows(5).Find("Subject", lookat:=xlWhole).Column    Mail_Temp = Mac.Rows(5).Find("Email template", lookat:=xlWhole).Column    From_Col = Mac.Rows(5).Find("From Mailbox", lookat:=xlWhole).Column    Bcc_Col = Mac.Rows(5).Find("Bcc", lookat:=xlWhole).Column        On Error GoTo Err_Des    For i = 6 To Mails_to_Send        If Mac.Cells(i, To_Col).Value <> "" Then            Template = VBA.Trim(Mac.Cells(i, Mail_Temp).Value)            Set Out_Mail = Out_App.CreateItemFromTemplate(Template)            With Out_Mail                .To = Mac.Cells(i, To_Col).Value                If Mac.Cells(i, Cc_Col).Value <> "" Then                    .CC = Mac.Cells(i, Cc_Col).Value                End If                If Mac.Cells(i, Bcc_Col).Value <> "" Then                    .BCC = Mac.Cells(i, Bcc_Col).Value                End If                If Mac.Cells(i, From_Col).Value <> "" Then                    .SentOnBehalfOfName = Mac.Cells(i, From_Col).Value                End If                For j = 1 To Col_Cnt                    If InStr(VBA.Trim(Mac.Cells(5, j).Value), "Attachment") > 0 Then                        If Mac.Cells(i, j).Value <> "" Then                            .Attachments.Add VBA.Trim(Mac.Cells(i, j).Value)                        End If                    End If                Next                .Subject = Mac.Cells(i, Sub_Col).Value                For j = Mail_Temp + 1 To Col_Cnt                    .HTMLBody = Replace(.HTMLBody, Mac.Cells(5, j).Value, Mac.Cells(i, j))                Next            'ans = MsgBox("Do you want to send the emails or save it in drafts", vbYesNo)            'If ans = "Yes" Then                Out_Mail.Save            'Else             '   Out_Mail.Save '"Please make sure to keep your outlook in offline mode"            'End If            End With        End If    Next    MsgBox ("Please check your drafts folder")    Exit Sub    Err_Des:        MsgBox Err.Description, vbCritical [/FONT][COLOR=#1C1C1C][FONT=&quot][COLOR=#222222][FONT=&quot]End Sub[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT]

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back