Save/Output pdf to file root macro + least resource intensive

Borzi

Hi there, hoping someone can help. I've been searching and experimenting for weeks with no luck so far.

For my work I was tasked with coming up with an electronic system to gather data from the field. I created a spreadsheet form weighing in about 2mb to be run off a touch Tablet with an atom processor. Its win7 and office 2010 but obviously quite reource limited.

To the issue, once back in the office for checking they want it as a pdf for easy markup and revision so I need to create an output to pdf macro for the whole workbook (fit to page) so the field guys can easily convert the job when done. Issue being, ive no VBA experience and recording the macro makes it attempt to save the file in the same spot and with the same filename whereas i need it to save to the same folder as each excel document each time and be named the job number (excel doc already named). To further complicate things, the atom processor on the tablets we're saving the pdfs on are quite slow (save to pdf is freezing it for a good few min) so im also wondering if theres a faster program to convert them through excel (ex. cutepdf) or out.

If someone can help me out with the macro I'd be over the moon.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back