Save routine message or progress indicator

stevespaulding

I have a Save routine macro in a ‘large’ workbook that takes a lot of time to complete (i.e. execution of the Save As statement(s) takes a lot of time).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I would like to indicate to the user that the save is in progress and to please wait for it to complete. I already use the Status Bar = “Processing (saving) . . . PLEASE WAIT”, but the Status Bar is not very conspicuous (rather small and at very bottom of screen).<o:p></o:p>
1. Is there a way to change the format (size, color, blink, etc) of the Status Bar?<o:p></o:p>
2. Is it possible to display a message box while the save is actually taking place?<o:p></o:p>
3. Is it possible to display a progress indicator while the save is actually taking place?<o:p></o:p>
4. Any other workarounds or suggestions?<o:p></o:p>
Just looking for a good way to let the user know that something IS happening and to just wait.<o:p></o:p>
As always, any help/suggestions are appreciated!!<o:p></o:p>
--Steve<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
yes on progress indicator , you can all so make the mouse turn in to the hour glass. do a serch on progress indicator , their are some posts on here. for that.

Upvote 0
Do a board search for "Progress Indicator".

Or do a Google search for "Excel Progress Bar".

HTH,

Upvote 0
Smitty/Diablo II:

Are you certain that progress bar frame indicator will move while the save statement is actually being executed?

Also, how do I know that save has been completed so that I unload the 'userform progress indicator dialog box'?

--Steve

Upvote 0
You can call the Progress Indicator in the Before_Save event. It will unload itself depending on how long you set it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back