Save, Save As vba help

bob733

Board Regular
I give up. I have spent so much time searching this forum, YouTube and the internet on how to do something that I know is simple but I just am having a lot of problems finding something easy to use.

I have a user form with three buttons on it. One is a save, one is a save as and one is a print button.
Can somebody just show me a simple VBA routine to save the file worksheet in the current directory. And if I want to do a save as, a routine to save the worksheet in a directory or name of my choice.

The object names are checkbox_save, checkbox_saveas and checkbox_print. I know I can double click on these and the code for it will come up (Sub and End Sub).

I apologize for not being able to successfully research and find something to do this myself but I have just been overwhelmed with all the different things i find, so that now I'm totally confused.

I have been able to use this forum for many things successfully but or some reason I spending an inordinate amount of time trying to do something that is basically very simple.

I apologize for my inability to do this, and thank you in advance.

Bob

PS. And by the way I have a print button that I can get to print but it does not allow me to choose my own printer. It goes to the default printer all the time and while I'm at home it gets hung up because the printer is at work. I would like to be able to specify a printer and preview the document prior. So if you throw in the coding for this that would be nice to. I just love it when I feel this dumb!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Hi,
try this saveas code & see if helps you.

Code:
Sub SaveAs()

Dim FileName As Variant
    Dim FileFilter As String, Title As String
    Dim FilterIndx As Integer
    Dim Response As VbMsgBoxResult

FilterIndx = 3

Title = "Save File"

FileFilter = "Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls),*.xls," & _
              "Excel 2007 > (*.xlsx),*.xlsx," & _
              "Excel Marco-Enabled Workbook(*.xlsm),*.xlsm"

Do
    FileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:=ActiveWorkbook.Name, FileFilter:=FileFilter, FilterIndex:=FilterIndx, Title:=Title)

If FileName = False Then Exit Sub
    If Dir(FileName) = "" Then Exit Do

Response = MsgBox(FileName & Chr(10) & Chr(10) & Space(Len(FileName) / 2) & "File Exists Overwrite?", 36, "File Exists")
    If Response = vbYes Then Exit Do
    Loop

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

You can either place the body of the code inside your forms saveas command button or call it as a separate procedure.

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm a new user and I can't figure out how to paste my VBA Code in here so it will show up in it's own separate scroll box.
Can someone clear this up for me please?

Thank you !!

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm a new user and I can't figure out how to paste my VBA Code in here so it will show up in it's own separate scroll box.
Can someone clear this up for me please?

Thank you !!

The last button on the formatting line when you type a reply is # ... it inserts the code things ... paste your macro between them and you get the box.

Upvote 0
dmt32
It worked like a charm! Thank you ever so much! This forum and individuals like you, make Mrexcel.com one of the best websites in the world.
Bob

Upvote 0
dmt32
It worked like a charm! Thank you ever so much! This forum and individuals like you, make Mrexcel.com one of the best websites in the world.
Bob

MrExcel is the best, no silly logins to access content preventing non-members viewing solutions & plenty of friendly contributors.

Many thanks for feedback

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back