save sheet as pdf to subfolders based on cell value

abdelfattah

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
hi all
i search code save sheet as pdf to subfolder the directory is "C:\Users\OSE\Downloads\client \" i have main folder calls client and contains many subfolders customer1,customer2,customer3,customer4 when i fill in cell h2 = customer1 then save as pdf to subfolder customer1 and if i fill customer2 in h2 then save as pdf to subfolder customer2 and so on
i appreciate if anybody help

It looks like the folder name and the file name are made up of the contents of C2 and C3. If that is true, post an example of the contents of C2 and C3 and what the full path would look like using those values.

Full path: S:\Fire Dispatchers\Circuits Program\Reading_Data

Value of C2 and C3:
1601662953558.png

Format for C2: mm-dd-yyyy
Format for C3: hhmm

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
So the full path including the folder name and the file name would look like this where the folder name is in red and the filename is in blue:
Rich (BB code):
S:\Fire Dispatchers\Circuits Program\Reading_Data\10-02-20201200\10-02-20201200.pdf
Is this correct? If not, please post your expected result.

Upvote 0
So the full path including the folder name and the file name would look like this where the folder name is in red and the filename is in blue:
Rich (BB code):
S:\Fire Dispatchers\Circuits Program\Reading_Data \10-02-20201200\10-02-20201200.pdf
Is this correct? If not, please post your expected result.

I would just want to had a space or - in between the date and time.

Example: 10-02-2020-1200

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    ChDir "S:\Fire Dispatchers\Circuits Program\Reading_Data\" & ActiveSheet.Range("C2").Value & "-" & ActiveSheet.Range("C3").Value & "\"
    ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveSheet.Range("C2").Value & "-" & ActiveSheet.Range("C3").Value _
    , Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas _
    :=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False
End Sub
Make sure you have an existing folder named "10-02-2020-1200" otherwise you will get the same error.

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
    ChDir "S:\Fire Dispatchers\Circuits Program\Reading_Data\" & ActiveSheet.Range("C2").Value & "-" & ActiveSheet.Range("C3").Value & "\"
    ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveSheet.Range("C2").Value & "-" & ActiveSheet.Range("C3").Value _
End Sub
Make sure you have an existing folder named "10-02-2020-1200" otherwise you will get the same error.

I apologize the folder is actually Reading_Data

The name of the PDF document should just be the example 10-02-2020-1200

I apologize. Jeff

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
    ChDir "S:\Fire Dispatchers\Circuits Program\Reading_Data\"
End Sub

Upvote 0
Could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0
Click here to download your file. There was something about your sheet that kept generating an error when the macro tried to save the file as a PDF. I created a new blank sheet and copied/pasted the cells from the READING sheet to the new blank sheet. I then deleted the original READING sheet and renamed the new one as "READING". The macro now seems to work. Click the button.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back