Save Sheet page VBA

KlausW

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I'm using this VBA code to save the sheets, this works really well.
VBA Code:
'Create and assign variables
Dim saveLocation As String
Dim sheetArray As Variant

saveLocation = "C:\Users\k-wit\Documents\Bestilling af proviant\" & Sheets("Indkøbsrekvisition").Range("m1").Value & ".pdf"
sheetArray = Array("Bestilling", "Indkøbsrekvisition")

'Select specific sheets from workbook, the save all as PDF
Sheets(sheetArray).Select
ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, _
    Filename:=saveLocation
Now I would like Excel to save the same sheets, but some sheets may well be on 2 or more pages it appears in F1. Is it possible to save exactly the number of pages.
All help will be appreciated.
Best Regards Klaus W

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Please forgive my understanding of your request. Can you say what you would like in a different way?
What is the difference between the PDFs that are being saved now and the new PDFs you would like to have?
What does F1 have to do with the 2 or more pages?
How are the PDFs now not saving exactly the number of pages?

Upvote 0
Please forgive my understanding of your request. Can you say what you would like in a different way?
What is the difference between the PDFs that are being saved now and the new PDFs you would like to have?
What does F1 have to do with the 2 or more pages?
How are the PDFs now not saving exactly the number of pages?
Hi, as it saves it now in pdf format it is really good. One of the sheet can sometimes be on more than one page, it's standing in cell F1. If it says 1 in cell F1, Excel should only make one page out of sheet, it says 2 in cell F1, Excel should make 2 and so on. It's an order sheet for food. Therefore, the pages may well vary.
KW

Upvote 0
It seems like it could be an issue with the print area. If you manually print one of the sheets as a PDF, does it behave as the code does now or does it behave like you want it to?

Upvote 0
It seems like it could be an issue with the print area. If you manually print one of the sheets as a PDF, does it behave as the code does now or does it behave like you want it to?
VBA Code:
'Create and assign variables
Dim sheetArray As Variant

saveLocation = "C:\Users\k-wit\Documents\Bestilling af proviant\" & Sheets("Indkøbsrekvisition").Range("m1").Value & ".pdf"
sheetArray = Array("Bestilling", "Indkøbsrekvisition")

'Select specific sheets from workbook, the save all as PDF
Sheets(sheetArray).Select
PageTo = Range("f1").Value
ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, _
    Filename:=saveLocation
Hi, when I try your suggestions it does not do what I want. I tried to insert the line "PageTo = Range (" f1 "). Value" when I hoped it would solve the problem. So if in F1 is 2, Excel must save 2 pages of the sheet, the pages in the sheet are always the same range. KW

Upvote 0
Forget the code for now. If you try to save one of the sheets by using File->Save As and then choose PDF as the output, does it include 2 pages or something else?

Upvote 0
Forget the code for now. If you try to save one of the sheets by using File->Save As and then choose PDF as the output, does it include 2 pages or something else?
Hi again, I am trying another way, in another Excel sheet I am using this code to print only the number of pages that are in cell F1. Do you think some of it can be used?
KW
VBA Code:
Dim intRaekke As Integer
Dim SidsteSide As Integer

For intRaekke = 3 To Worksheets.Count
            If Cells(intRaekke, 2).Value = "x" Then

SidsteSide = Sheets(intRaekke).Range("F1")

Sheets(intRaekke).PrintOut From:=1, To:=SidsteSide
            End If
    Next

Upvote 0
Sure. You could use a combination of the codes you provided. Change the printer name to match what your Microsoft PDF printer is called (check your printers in the computer's Start->Settings->Devices->Printers & Scanners).
VBA Code:
    Dim intRaekke As Integer

saveLocation = "C:\Users\k-wit\Documents\Bestilling af proviant\" & Sheets(intRaekke).Range("m1").Value & ".pdf"
            Sheets(intRaekke).PrintOut From:=1, To:=SidsteSide, ActivePrinter:="Microsoft Print to PDF", prToFileName:=saveLocation
        End If
    Next

Upvote 0
Sure. You could use a combination of the codes you provided. Change the printer name to match what your Microsoft PDF printer is called (check your printers in the computer's Start->Settings->Devices->Printers & Scanners).
VBA Code:
    Dim intRaekke As Integer

saveLocation = "C:\Users\k-wit\Documents\Bestilling af proviant\" & Sheets(intRaekke).Range("m1").Value & ".pdf"
            Sheets(intRaekke).PrintOut From:=1, To:=SidsteSide, ActivePrinter:="Microsoft Print to PDF", prToFileName:=saveLocation
        End If
    Next
Sorry but it unfortunately does not run.

Upvote 0
If you put the cursor anywhere in the procedure, you can use F8 to step through each line of the code. Can you step through the code to see where the issue is?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MushtaqAli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back