Save Type - Macro Enabled Workbook

Raychill Canuck

Board Regular
I have a template (macro enabled - xltm) and I've got all the code working to do everything I want it to do. Now all I need is for the end users to not be able to destroy this. In order to do this I need to make sure that when the end users save the document that it is saved as a macro enabled workbook - xlsm. I can find code where if Save As is used, I can make it save as the file type I want, but I'm not sure how do it with the Save command.

Thanks for all you help.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
If you really have a template workbook it shouldn't be 'destroyed' when new workbooks are created from it any new workbooks created should be macro enabled.

How exactly is the template being used?

Upvote 0
Ok I wasn't being clear. The end user cannot destroy the template itself. What I'm concerned with is that if they don't save it as a macro enabled workbook, the functions of the macros will not be available as they are intended to.

The template itself is a quote form. This becomes the master document for the job. If the job is accepted by the customer, there is a macro to create an invoice. Other macros exist so all the information is there as needed and to easily change the format before sending the quote to the customer. I need the initial save from a template to a workbook to be done correctly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back