Saved changes not there on re-opening

DavidCTOC

Hi,

As ludicrous as it sounds, I've an issue with a spreadsheet I've inherited in my current job in that I can make changes, save the file and not have the changes there when it re-opens. The file has auto-save on every ten minutes, I habitually press Ctrl+S and tend to be quite paranoid about changes being made. If its was one or two things, then maybe I could put it down to human error. But yesterday there were things that I know for certain had been changed and saved that weren't there. The file is stored on a server, using Excel 2007. It has no macros in it though does pull quite a bit of data from an accounts system using Query. I know that most reactions will just think that its an error on my part regards saving, but this is definitely happening. Any ideas? This is a critical file and can't really afford for it to be corrupted in any way.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi.

Are you sure there is no code? Take a look in the ThisWorkbook module.

Upvote 0
Actually, I take that back, there is a macro, but not an overly sophisticated one. It just copies and paste values some columns over others when the model is revised each month so it keeps the prior month figures. Forgot about that, long day! But where the data I'd changed is isn't part of where the macro is doing anything. Its also quite an old model, so it wasn't created in 2007. I'm starting to wonder if there are issues with the machine I'm using, as I had an error earlier where I was being told that deleting a blank row would impact upon a considerable amount of data, even though it was a new worksheet and nothing was linking in there. Not having a good Excel day.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back