Saving 2 part question

EOAEvan

Part 1:
I have a very large lookup table that I have split into 4 files as it was approaching 8 megs in size and I do not need every sheet to calc evertime I update the source info. This way I will just open 2 files. 1 that contains the base data and the second file that contains the desired output sheets. Whever I save the output file I will now always get a error saying "not enough memory" and "unable to save external link values". Is it correct to assume this simply means that if i were to open this file without the source file being open it just wouldnt display the values that were there when I last saved?

Part 2:
If I am correct with my assumption in Part 1. Can anyone provide me with a way to suppress this warning as we will never need those valuse to be saved.

If this is not clear in any ways please let me know.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I've had those types of errors when you have vlookup formulas or something similar and those referenced files were not opened. The only way to stop those errors would be if the linked files were also opened.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back