Saving and consult images with macros

purinqui

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello dear, it is a pleasure to be part of the Mr Excel community.

My query is based on the following:

I have a budget management system made in excel that uses a spreadsheet to make a certain budget and saves the information of each budget in another spreadsheet that is used as a database to store all the records (budgets).

Every time I want to consult a certain budget, what the system does is to consult the database (records) and then bring that information to the sheet that allows me to visualize and prepare each budget.

The operation of all this is correct.

The problem I am having is that I always add a certain amount of images stored on the pc to each prepared budget and I would like those images to be somehow kept in the register for each budget in the database, with the aim that when I want to consult a budget not only brings me the information (budget data) but also the images that were used for that particular budget.

I can't know how to perform this function that I need, since a budget can have one or more images and I can't think of how save those images in each record that is generated in the database (records).

If you need more information to understand the problem with pleasure I will be attentive to provide what is necessary.

From already thank you very much. Regards.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi Purinqui,
so you are storing your data in a spreadsheet, using it as a database. Do your individual budgets have some identifier? If so, you could set up a directory in the folder of your database-spreadsheet to store the images. How you would link them is by e.g. the image names, so budget_it_2020_q1_image001.jpg. By using the name, you can import them again when you call the budget, you simply loop through all images in the folder and filter for the right name/identifier.
Does that make sense?
Koen

Upvote 0
Hi koen, thank you for yout time and support. Following your line, i answer some questions:
1. Each budgets has its "id"
2. I have a folder in the directory where the database-spreadsheet is located.
3. The database-spreadsheet is inside of my system in the excel file.
4. Every time when i need make a budget, i use a spreadsheet to fill the data for a budget and then i store this information in a database-spreadsheet.

Each image that i use are inserted through the excel-toolbox from a specific folder in my pc where is located all the excel system.
The budget can have one o more image, so i never know the quantity of images.

I don't know how identified the inserted image in the budget in order to store them in the database.
I know that the ideal is store the image path, not the image itself.

I think that i need a loop to identified each image that i could insert and then store the image path in the column beloging of the specific register of a budget in the database.

Any support you can provide will be welcome. Than you very much.

Upvote 0
Hi koen, thank you again.

2.PNG

The images are in a specific folder, but at the beginning they don't belong to one ID; because the images are inserted randomize each time that i need make a budget for a client.
I would that the images that are inserted belong to an specific budget through its path, and that this path is in the database in a specific record for a budget.

I could send you the complete system, in order to see it in a global vision.

I will download those codes you sent me and I hope they are useful to me.

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back