Saving employee holidays from a monthly calendar

johnnyking997

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello!
I hoped it would not be necessary to make a separate thread about my "problem", but I can't find an answer.
I am currently working on a monthly shift calendar that keeps track of how many hours an employee has completed/month, the holiday dates each one reserved for the past, current and next year.
TAble.PNG

If a specific date is empty(no holiday tag like "CO","CS", etc.), the cell contains the following formula that checks and displays the number of hours that an employee must do on that specific date:
Ex. for E12:
=IF($B$12 <> "", IF(E8<>"",IF(AND(MOD(E8,4)=0,E8>0),12,IF(AND(MOD(E8,4)=1,E8>0),5,IF(AND(MOD(E8,4)=2,E8>0),7,""))),""), "")

My question to you, how can I keep track of the each employee holidays?

My first ideea was to save the range E12:AI26 to another sheet. I used:
VBA Code:
Worksheets("Calendar").Range("E12:AI26").Copy
Worksheets("Current_year_holidays").Range("some range").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll
but in the "Current_year_holidays" sheet, I encountered a lot of "#REF!" when pasting:
=IF($B$12<> "", IF(#REF!<>"",IF(AND(MOD(#REF!,4)=0,#REF!>0),12,IF(AND(MOD(#REF!,4)=1,#REF!>0),5,IF(AND(MOD(#REF!,4)=2,#REF!>0),7,""))),""), "")
I am forced to use normal references for ease of use when removing holidays from the calendar by using autofill(it was my first idea on how to "delete" holidays and I haven't found an alternative).

Any tip is appreciated!

Regards,
Alex

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Just sum the days that have a holiday code for each employee for each month:

VBA Code:
=SUM(COUNTIFS($E$12:$AI$12, {"CO","CRP","SS"}))

Then add the total count for the month to the previous month for the annual total.

Upvote 0
Just sum the days that have a holiday code for each employee for each month:

VBA Code:
=SUM(COUNTIFS($E$12:$AI$12, {"CO","CRP","SS"}))

Then add the total count for the month to the previous month for the annual total.
Thank you for your response!
It's not a matter of saving the amount of days for each employee, but to save the dates of said holiday.
Ex.:
For employee 1, in January, 1 "CO" type holiday, between 8th and 14th.
The idea behind this is to create a dynamic calendar. Once the calendar month is changed, it should retrieve the holidays for that specific month. The workflow behind it, in my opinion, should be:
Ex.:
Employee 1-> Add holiday in January between date a and b-> Change month to february-> Add holiday between c and d-> Switch back to January-> Update the table with saved holiday

I'm sorry if the original post wasn't descriptive enough about what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks for your attention!

Upvote 0
So you want the columns AK:AO on each monthly sheet to reflect any holiday added on any of the other monthly sheet?

For example, in the sheet above on row 12 the employee has 5 holidays for code CO and this is represented in AN12.

If in the February sheet you add an additional holiday for that employee of say 2 days for code CO, you want the value on both sheets to reflect each other e.g. a total of 7 holidays.

Is that correct?

Upvote 0
I can't find a way to properly explain what I'm trying to achieve, so here is a video that sort of explains it:
<< unavailable video removed >>
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back