Saving Excel to earlier versions.

DesC

Hi, I run a spreadsheet a copy of which is emailed to various users on a weekly basis. One machine in particular seems not to recognise the print area and margins etc from my machine. I run 2003 and the recipient uses 2000.

I have tried altering the Transition to Microsoft Excel 97 to 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook on my machine, saving the relevant worksheet to a separate workbook, renaming and saving it again as Microsoft Excel 97 to 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook and then emailing as an attachment.

I went to the recipient's machine before I made these changes to the Transition on my machine and it certainly looked like a conflict of some sort was there with the print information because a number of modifications had to occur to arrive at the same printout that I thought I was sending . There are several other machines with different versions of Excel out there that do not appear to be having a problem receiving. opening and finally printing. Quite confusing.

Any notions of the known "beg your pardons" about "Print"conflicts would be greatly appreciated, thanks...

Regards,

DesC

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back