saving problems <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"

vidoqc

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
i have a file, called Rota. (file is ok). Afer a few minor changes, i save the file, calling it Rota1. (file is ok) after again a few changes, i save the file again, calling it Rota2. (also this file is ok) again some changes, saved as Rota 3. Trying to safe Rota3 again ist comes with a errormessage: "Errors were detected while saving C:\.....\Rota3.xlsm. Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairsin a new file,click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click Cancel" . So I clicked continue. The next message appeared: " Excel encountered errors during save. However, Excel was able to minimally save your file to c:\ ......\xl3ea2.xlsb." then the next message appeared: "Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to save your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.". Here I stopped and try to open the previous file, Rota2, that worked perfect when it was saved, but suddenly had the same problems. So I went back another step and opend Rota1. and again the file had suddenly the same problem.

no virus, no dameged clusters

i really need help here.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
system restart, just in case excel is caching something, what code is inside the file ?

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem. It has impacted more than one spreadsheet. They have linkages between them but are independent spreadsheets.

I have tried a windows reset, problems persist.

Eventually the spreadsheet reached the point where it could only be "emergency recovered".

In response I have tried building a fresh copy of the spreadsheet, copying contents (copy/paste all) of each tab across and separately copying macros into new modules. Redirecting pivot tables from old to new spreadsheet. Other external linkages (to .csv and .xls import files) have not required changes.

File saves. When I try to open, it reports corruption again. The log file listing repairs states:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error187960_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'https://leancast.sharepoint.com/Noise_Net_Operations/Shared Documents/F_Operations/Job Tracking/Job_Tracking_00.xlsm'</summary><removedRecords><removedRecord>Removed Records: Sorting from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part</removedRecord></removedRecords></recoveryLog>

This is pretty much exactly the same message that is showing on the other spreadsheets that are being corrupted. But despite saying it has removed records, the problem persists for each successive save.

I recently was forced to rebuild my machine from scratch after a corrupted windows profile. During that process I upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit. The spreadsheet had been showing some instability prior to that upgrade. I don't feel that this is the root cause of the problem.

I Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back