Scaling the height and width separately

chetbarker

I am using excel 2010

The Situation: I am currently working with my local police department to upgrade there finger printing systems. Rather than fill out 6 forms by hand that all contain the same information I set up a spreadsheet that takes in information in one sheet and other sheets access it, in this way officers fill in 30 fields in one sheet and all that needs to be done is print the other sheets. I know there are software programs that deal with pre-filled forms but my budget is 0$ and my only equipment is an old brother printer. I took a scanned image of the forms and overlayed the text across those. The height and width of the image is 8x8 which is the same as the special card stock I have to print on. I have set the print area exactly to the image with the text, I have changed the paper size in the printer preferences, and I have no margins. I need the print to be border less which my printer does not support, I have gotten around this by fooling the printer into thinking that it is exactly .15 in bigger than it is. When ever I try to scale the print horizontally (Fit all columns on to one page) it comes out in the perfect spots horizontally but not vertically, I am always about half an inch off. Whenever I change the scale vertically (Fit all rows on to the page) it chops off the right end. I don't want to mess with the image because it is at 8x8 and I don't want to throw off my ratio.

My Question: Is there a way to separately alter the width and height for printing, getting the print as close as possible to the edge?
I am lost and have sunk nearly 25 man hours into trying to get this thing working, any advice or solution is welcome.:)
Thank you for your time

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back