Scan 8 adjacent cells

methody

Hi
I have a range with 200 cells -20 row and 10 columns. Each cell is either blank or has a unique number in the cell. Moving across each row, there can be a maximum of 8 adjacent non-empty cells.
I am looking for a macro that will scan the range of cells, look for the instances of 8 adjacent cells and return the unique number which is in the leftmost cell of each of the cases of 8 adjacents.

As if that isn't tricky enough i am also looking for a separate list for the leftmost cell where there are only 7 adjacents. Here it would be where there are 7 only. I appreciate that this is difficult as there may be overlap.

Any help appreciated. sorry if this isn't clear.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
No errors. I did enter something in BB1 and BC1 in case it was an issue of a blank column heading there and it does clear them so something is happening but nothing is visible in those columns

Upvote 0
Are the blank cells actually empty?

Upvote 0
You're right. They appear empty but they aren't. When cleared manually it works perfectly. I have tried using paste value and F5 to select blank special values but that doesn't work. The data comes to me from another source.
I know you have already spent a lot of time on this but is there a easy way to clear these cells which look blanks but are not.

Upvote 0
Try adding this before the loop
VBA Code:
   Range("A1:AZ10").Value = Range("A1:AZ10").Value

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back