Scatter graph but with data points numbered

poiu

Hello, I have a scatter graph with 20 points. I'd like to label each point 1 to 20, please could you tell me if/how it's possible to do this? (currently I've got 20 different series with 20 different series name, which isn't very scalable). I have a record number (from 1 to 20) in each row of the source data so it should be possible? Thanks, Poiu

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

ParamRay

It's a bit of a manual solution, but you can change a data label by selecting it and writing in the formula bar.

For example, to change a data label to the number 1 (one), you can select the data label and write ="1" in the formula bar.

(You might already be aware of this; just pointing it out in case you're not :))

Jon Peltier

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Put the numbers (or whatever labels) into a third column next to the X and Y values.

If you're using Excel 2013, add data labels and use the "Labels from Cells" option.

For other versions of Excel, get Rob Bovey's free Chart Labeler add-in from Welcome to Application Professionals.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christopherlewis1620

This Week's Hot Topics