Scatter graph but with data points numbered

poiu

Hello, I have a scatter graph with 20 points. I'd like to label each point 1 to 20, please could you tell me if/how it's possible to do this? (currently I've got 20 different series with 20 different series name, which isn't very scalable). I have a record number (from 1 to 20) in each row of the source data so it should be possible? Thanks, Poiu

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

It's a bit of a manual solution, but you can change a data label by selecting it and writing in the formula bar.

For example, to change a data label to the number 1 (one), you can select the data label and write ="1" in the formula bar.

(You might already be aware of this; just pointing it out in case you're not :))

Upvote 0
Put the numbers (or whatever labels) into a third column next to the X and Y values.

If you're using Excel 2013, add data labels and use the "Labels from Cells" option.

For other versions of Excel, get Rob Bovey's free Chart Labeler add-in from Welcome to Application Professionals.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back