Scatter plot based on pivot table data?

maverick15

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

I'm trying to create a scatter plot from a set of pivot table data, which I obviously can't do directly. I have a list of accounts and sales numbers by region (AMER, EMEA, APJ) and want to show them as a scatter. Works great if I copy the data static and make the chart. However, I want this as part of an interactive dashboard that I can use slicers with. I have a very ugly hack that uses a GETPIVOTDATA formula to change up the list, but the result is that every cell now has a value, so there is a line of dots across the bottom because technically there's a value there, even if it's not numeric. I've seen some posts online of ways to get around this, but the most promising one seems to have broken a few versions ago. Has anyone gotten around this?

1596809436376.png
1596809445911.png

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Forgot to note that the source data is coming from a data model. For whatever reason, columns in the source data disappear when I filter (so if I filter on AMER accounts, the columns for EMEA and APJ in the pivot go away). That's why the formulas are used the way they are.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back