Scatter Plot Error

BiochemBoi95

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
I was wondering if anyone knew if and what the limit might be on the number of series excel can put on a single scatter plot because every time I try to make my plot, the x and y axis ranges are made way too big and I just get a bunch of flat lines across the graph. I've added a link to my spreadsheet.

Thanks
Spreadsheet

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
If I highlight all of the columns and insert a scatter plot, the result appears as you have described, but that approach causes Excel to misinterpret what is intended. I believe the issue is that the first column is intended to be a common set of x values for all of the other columns (which contain y value data). When I select only the first two columns and insert a scatter plot, I generate the expected plot (see the gray curve). Going back and then selecting column A together with columns C, D, E, etc. and copying them to the clipboard and then clicking on the plot and performing a Paste>Special...to insert additional data sets on the plot, and checking the box to ensure that the left column is treated as the x values...the resulting set of plots shown below is generated. You'll probably want to eliminate the lines (i.e., show only points) for clarity, but there doesn't appear to be an issue plotting the number of data sets that you have.
1597642665496.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back