Scheduling Sheet

Valthanos

Anyone able to provide some quick help? I have a worksheet I am working with to schedule fabrication. I need two macros to format the sheet and a background process.

Macro 1: Button Labeled "Fab Start";
sorts by Column I "Planned Start" oldest to newest
creates Week tags in Column A, adds double border above and below the week grouping. The Week tag should default to the Monday of the week from Planned Start Date.

Macro 1: Button Labeled "Req'd Complete";
sorts by Column O "Required Completion" oldest to newest
creates Week tags in Column A, adds double border above and below the week grouping. The Week tag should default to the Monday of the week from Required Completion date.

Background macro,
Insure that all dates are linear in each row from Material ship --> Planned Start --> Required Completion --> Install Start. Material ship date is optional, but if entered must validate. In the case that these dates are not linear a message box should appear identifying the issue with a option to enter updated dates into the message box which publish when the box is closed by clicking a button.

Here is my Excel File.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Anyone able to provide some quick help? I have a worksheet I am working with to schedule fabrication. I need two macros to format the sheet and a background process.

Macro 1: Button Labeled "Fab Start";
sorts by Column I "Planned Start" oldest to newest
creates Week tags in Column A, adds double border above and below the week grouping. The Week tag should default to the Monday of the week from Planned Start Date.

Macro 1: Button Labeled "Req'd Complete";
sorts by Column O "Required Completion" oldest to newest
creates Week tags in Column A, adds double border above and below the week grouping. The Week tag should default to the Monday of the week from Required Completion date.

Background macro,
Insure that all dates are linear in each row from Material ship --> Planned Start --> Required Completion --> Install Start. Material ship date is optional, but if entered must validate. In the case that these dates are not linear a message box should appear identifying the issue with a option to enter updated dates into the message box which publish when the box is closed by clicking a button.

Here is my Excel File.
your file seems to be blank. I work in a fabrication & machining shop and just created a production schedule for the machining side. Would love to assist.

Upvote 0
your file seems to be blank. I work in a fabrication & machining shop and just created a production schedule for the machining side. Would love to assist.
Can you show me what you developed? perhaps it can give me some ideas.

Upvote 0
Hi, your sheet seems to be blank again.

Upvote 0
Got it,

What do you mean by
"creates Week tags in Column A, adds double border above and below the week grouping. The Week tag should default to the Monday of the week from Required "

Upvote 0
Paste these two codes in a module in your workbook.
Go to developer tab -> controls group -> Insert -> Form Controls Button. Right click and assign the macro StartFab to it. Do the same thing with Required Complete, once you specify what you want more for the required complete, I will update it. Also, Can you just do conditional formatting to make sure "Planned Start", "Required Complete", and "Install Start" are all filled out if "Material Ships" is filled in?
VBA Code:
Sub StartFab()
    With Sheets("Sheet1").ListObjects("Table2")
        .Sort.SortFields.Clear
        .Sort.SortFields.Add2 _
        Key:=Range("Table2[[#Headers],[#Data],[Planned Start]]"), SortOn:= _
        xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal
    End With
    With Sheets("Sheet1").ListObjects("Table2").Sort
        .Header = xlYes
        .MatchCase = False
        .Orientation = xlTopToBottom
        .SortMethod = xlPinYin
        .Apply
    End With
End Sub
Sub reqComplete()
    With Sheets("Sheet1").ListObjects("Table2")
        .Sort.SortFields.Clear
        .Sort.SortFields.Add2 _
        Key:=Range("Table2[[#Headers],[#Data],[Required Completion]]"), SortOn:= _
        xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal
    End With
    With Sheets("Sheet1").ListObjects("Table2").Sort
        .Header = xlYes
        .MatchCase = False
        .Orientation = xlTopToBottom
        .SortMethod = xlPinYin
        .Apply
    End With

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back