Scheduling with excel??

dwok

I am looking to create an excel workbook to do department scheduling and to keep track of production, and need some suggestions..

What I want to be able to do is have sheet 1 as a job entry template only to enter and edit selected jobs by either enter a new job or doing a find and then update.

The information I would need would be date entered, job number, job name, description, task needed, due date, status, etc..... I would need this as my simple database for jobs..

On sheet 2, I would like to have all jobs LIVE (on top of page) and ON HOLD (on bottom) ONLY.. This sheet I want to layout so that every other line has a tint of black to make for easier reading and have all jobs due TODAY be in red type. This list would be printed out as tabloid and posted on our job board for all to follow... Jobs completed I do not want on this sheet.....

On sheet 3, I would want all job we have ALL jobs COMPLETED, LIVE, and on HOLD...
From this sheet I will need to create monthly reports showing number of jobs done, number of jobs delivered on time vs late..

I hope this give you a feel for what I am after...
I am relatively new to excel and can do some of this without problem but a lot is going to be trial and error for me and could take alot of time for me... I could use any help I can get

Is there macros out there that would help with some of these that you know about?
Is there Add-Ins that would help..
It there template that I can tweak to get what I need??
OR is there a better program for doing this someone could suggest....
OR should I give it up and hire a professional??

Thanks !!!

Dale
[/b]

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you might consider using Microsoft Project.

Upvote 0
I vaguely recall something along these lines in a discussion on this board.
Might be something useful in the archives.

Anyway, I agree about Project as the ideal software.

So, Unless you have some reason that you can't ... as in people not liking or wanting to use project ( as I did when I looked after a coterie of PC Technicians)... then Project is perfect ( Except for the price).

Or you might find something useful at this link in the template section:

http://office.microsoft.com/search/...00701033&QueryID=bpo4m0O9i0&TRC=64&iStartAt=1

(y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back