School Scheduling - Help!

Sarahbw

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
  2. Web
I've searched the posts, and didn't find what I was looking for. I am trying to do two different things. I've been looking for software that would help, but occurred to me that Excel might be my answer. Any advice appreciated, I'm techy, but lack excel skills!

- I want to create a school duty schedule for staff. We have about 40 teachers , and multiple duties in our 7 day school cycle. (morning, recess, lunch) and each duty would need a different number of teachers.
Is there a way to create a formula that would distribute the time equally?

- Secondly, I need to create a create a school schedule. Each homeroom has a variety of out of the classroom activities (gym, music, band, library, etc). Each class would need gym 3 times, music 3 times, band 2 times, library 1 time, etc... during the 7 day cycle. Is there a way to create something that could help organize that? or do I have to continue to move sticky notes on my wall in order for it to all work out!

Perhaps these are big asks, but thought i'd put it out there! TIA

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
It would be helpful to see exactly what you want to achieve. Examples of the finished products perhaps.

Upvote 0

Found this done with Google sheets... so it must be possible. This is quite expensive to buy.

Upvote 0
It's possible and likely not hard, just need to know exactly what you want to produce.

eg.

-I want to create a school duty schedule for staff. We have about 40 teachers , and multiple duties in our 7 day school cycle. (morning, recess, lunch) and each duty would need a different number of teachers.
Is there a way to create a formula that would distribute the time equally?

So there are 7 days, 40 teachers and 3 shifts. How many duties? How many staff are needed for each duty?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back