Score table for world cup 2018

Lukozade

Hello fellow Excel:ians.

I have some issues with my score table for world cup gamble predictions for my friends and colleagues.
I want to keep a track of the scores, group scores and so on.

I have made 12 sheets, which include all Groups A-H (8). 1 sheet with all of the score tables, 1 sheet with the games and score, 1 sheet for information about the world cup and 1 sheet with all the data which should be used in the score tables.

First problem:
In the score sheet, I wanna transfer the score from Russia-Saudiarabia in score sheet to Group A sheet. The simplest way to do this is by using =Sheet1!A1. When it does this, if will show the value of 0. I do not want it to show 0 when there is no value in the cell I am referring to, how can you do this? Also, I do not want to hide the 0 value, since a game can end with 0 goals, so the 0 value is important here as you can tell.

Second problem, and probably the most advanced one:
In the data section, where I gather all the information needed for a score table, such as games played, games won, games draw, games lost, goals scored, goals conceded, goal difference and total points. How do I make a reference to bring all of those information into a group sheet, macroed and sorted with a ranking system based on 1. Points 2. Goal difference 3. Amount of goal scored.
I have tried to download existing files and trying to figure out how they have done it, but I guess there are some information that is hidden and not for me to be explored.

I have all the data gathered in data section, just need it to be implemented with all the group section.

Anyone have a clue what I can do to sort these problems?

Thanks in advance.
Statistical and football nerd.
Lukozade.

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
How about this one:

Russia - Saudiarabia 3 - 0.

Correct 1-X-2: +6
Correct 1-X-2 with 1 goal away from correct result: -1p ( Such as 3-1, 2-0, 4-0)
Correct 1-X-2 with 2 goals away from correct result: -2p ( Such as 5-0, 3-2, 4-1)
Correct 1-X-2 with more than 2 goals away from correct result: -3 ( Any other result than above)

I got the correct 1-X-2 formula which is =IF(A2=B2;6;0)
Now I just need the -1 formula for subtraction and also max -3.

I want a formula which checks for if correct Russia score is < more than 1 or 2 + another formula with > more than 1 or two with prediction 1 cell and the same goes for Saudiarabia one.

Anyone have a clue what formula I could use for this one?
Here's a screenshot what I am talking about, and what I have been trying with:
https://imgur.com/a/U9YzrpG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back