Screen flickering when selecting cell fill color on 2nd screen

Grapez

Hi,

I experience some very weird and annoying behaviour in Excel (2013) on my 2nd screen.
When I select a cell fill color while Excel displays on my 2nd screen, it immediately starts flickering and it doesn't stop anymore. The only way to stop it is to unplug the monitor and connect it again.
It actually looks like Excel is inserting a row and removing it again, 10 times per second....the mouse pointer also keeps on "processing" and it never stops until you disconnect the monitor.
When I click on the button with the default color, all OK, but when I open the menu to select a different color, the trouble begins. When I do the same with Excel running on my laptop screen...no problem.
I recently bought a new screen and it has the same issue so it has nothing to do with the screen itself.

Anyone ever run into this.....
Any tips are welcome a this is so annoying...

Thanks,
HJ

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Do you have any VBA code in this workbook?
You will especially want to check all the "Sheet" modules and the 'ThisWorkbook" modules (this is where all the automated code resides).

Upvote 0
Do you have any VBA code in this workbook?
You will especially want to check all the "Sheet" modules and the 'ThisWorkbook" modules (this is where all the automated code resides).
Actually I do (without remembering it....). I do have a piece of code for a Multi Find&Replace:

Sub MultiFindNReplace()
Dim Rng As Range
Dim InputRng As Range, ReplaceRng As Range
Set InputRng = Application.Selection
Set InputRng = Application.InputBox("Original Range ", xTitleId, InputRng.Address, Type:=8)
Set ReplaceRng = Application.InputBox("Replace Range :", xTitleId, Type:=8)
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Rng In ReplaceRng.Columns(1).Cells
InputRng.Replace what:=Rng.Value, replacement:=Rng.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Is that potentially causing the issue?

Upvote 0
I don't think, as that is not code that would be called automatically by selecting cells.
What you are really looking for is code in the Sheet or ThisWorkbook modules and has certain names (names of event procedures, like "Worksheet_SelectionChange").

Here is an interesting test. Try opening a brand new workbook with nothing in it, and try doing the steps that you are doing to add the fill color.
Does it behave the same way on a new workbook? If it does, then it has nothing to do with VBA code, and something else is going on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back