Screen jumps when in Excel

esteele1976

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
When using Excel, if I copy and paste information from the left hand side of the screen to the right half of the screen, the screen view automatically jumps, so that the paste location is on the left hand side of the screen.

For example, if I copy a cell from Column A, then post it in column P, the screen view will jump so that Column P is now on the far left of the screen and I have to scroll back to Column A. There are plenty of additional cells to the right of Column P. It's not like it's the last Column on the screen.

Sometimes, it also happens if I'm in Column P and just hit enter. Excel Options are set for "After pressing Enter, move selection": DOWN

All Windows animations are turned off.
Looked through Excel Options, couldn't find anything applicable.

Thank you,

-eric

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Welcome to the forum. :)

Does this happen in all workbooks, or a specific one?

Upvote 0
Odd. If you run Excel in Safe Mode (hold down the Ctrl key while starting Excel and answer Yes to the prompt), does it still happen?

Upvote 0
That would suggest that the problem is in one of the files that Excel loads when it starts up - typically add-ins or the personal macro workbook. I suggest you try disabling them all, then add back one-by-one, testing the pasting each time to see which one is causing the issue.

Upvote 0
That would suggest that the problem is in one of the files that Excel loads when it starts up - typically add-ins or the personal macro workbook. I suggest you try disabling them all, then add back one-by-one, testing the pasting each time to see which one is causing the issue.
Okay... where might I find said add-ins / files?

TY

Upvote 0
Nevermind...

Upvote 0
I use an estimating / takeoff program called PlanSwift. It ties itself to Excel for exporting reasons (that I never use). Apparently, it was the offending Add-In.

SOLUTION:

In Excel.

Go to File --> Options --> Add-ins

At bottom of screen in the "Manage" drop down, choose "COM Add-ins"

Then click the "Go..." button.

Uncheck "Swift" - Click "OK" box

Click "OK" box again.

Restart Excel.

-----------

Thank you for the guidance and suggestions. Never would have thought to go that way. :)

Upvote 0
Solution
Glad you figured it out. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back