Screen shots

Hap

What is the best way to get a screen shot of only the active window? And save it to a .jpeg?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi Hap,

Open say a Blank Word Document , return to the active
window you wish to reproduce.

Press the "PrtSc SysRq" key , return to your Word Doc
right click & paste ...... & as if by magic .... there it is !!

Hope this helps.

Russ.

Upvote 0
if you want to save it as a .jpg I'd do the print screen like he said (which essentially captures the image that is currently on your monitor) and paste it in an image program (paint for example) from there you can edit it to cut the unneeded areas off!

Upvote 0
I just tried your suggestion and I am getting the entire screen. I would like to just have the active window. I would like to just capture a MessageBox or a presized form.

Can I do this without having to crop an entire screen capture?

Upvote 0
the only only print screen command that I know if copy active window (alt+printscreen) but that still give you all the toolsbar and stuff

Upvote 0
Oh, Hap, by the way, the only way I get a decently sharp screen picture is to size it to 100%. Double click on the pasted picture and in the size tab change the size to 100%.

HTH

RAM

Upvote 0
RAM said:
What's the difference between Prt Scrn and Alt+Prt Scrn?
<ul>[*]PrtScn = Everything that's being displayed on screen(s).[*]Alt+PrtScn = just the active window i.e. if you have multiple application windows displayed on your monitor(s) it will capture only the active application's window.<ul>[*]If you have a UserForm or Dialog Box open, Alt+PrtScn captures just the UF or Dlg.[/list][/list]If you are looking to capture an image of Excel cells and only want to take a snapshot without all of the toolbars, etc., hold down your Shift key and click the Edit menu. The Edit menu will have changed and you'll see an option to Copy Picture... pick that and then if you are going to paste into Paint or some other image editing program pick "bitmap" for the format. If you are going to paste somewhere else in Excel or another office document you can format as "picture".

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back