SCROLL w/ MOUSE THRU DROP DOWN VALIDATION LIST

JuicyMusic

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Experts, I have exhausted my search for a good solution that combines my three needs. Please help.

I'm using a Data Validation List. I want to be able to do three things:

1) Start typing just ONE letter in a cell and the drop down window opens for me to make a choice. For example: Type "T", and Tablespoon or Teaspoon or Tin are the choices visible.....then I can click on whichever one I want.

2) I would like to be able to scroll thru the drop down window with my Mouse...instead of dragging the bar on the right side of the window.

3) Is there a way to have your most recent choices be at the top of the list in the drop down window? Example: on the 4th cell, the choices I made in row 1, 2, and 3, are at the top of the drop down window.

Here is my data: CUP, GRAM, POUND, TABLESPOON, TEASPOON, PINT, GRAM, MILLILITER, LITER, POWDER, MALT (vertically, of course)

Thank you so much!
Juicy

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
.......and what am I to do with this information?
It is written there: "AutoComplete for Data Validation drop-down list is available in Beta Channel with version 2112 , build 16.0.14818.10000 or later"
Those features are long overdue. For the time being ,it is difficult to add those functionalties with vba.

Upvote 0
It is written there: "AutoComplete for Data Validation drop-down list is available in Beta Channel with version 2112 , build 16.0.14818.10000 or later"
Those features are long overdue. For the time being ,it is difficult to add those functionalties with vba.
Thank you so much. I had these features on another desktop computer (Windows 10)....and also on a Chromebook. My new Lenovo computer won't do it. Thank you for clarifying.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back