Scrollbar control has bugs?

Arcady

So I added a scrollbar to my spreadsheet. I find that when I turn off 'construction mode' and click the scroll bar one of two things will happen.

The first is that the buttons will shrink. Each time I click it the buttons get a bit smaller. The width of the bar does not change, but eventually the buttons are tiny slivers that can't even be seen.

The second is that the entire scrollbar will get bigger. Each time I click it the scroll bar gets just a bit bigger.

Only one of these things will happen to the scrollbar and when it happens once, it happens each and every time I click it there-after. I can delete the bar and put a new one in which will then allow it to pick a different event.

Does anyone know what this is about? Is there any way to fix this, or should I give up completely on adddng scrollbars to my spreadsheet?

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
I have found that this is caused by changing desktop resolution while the workbook is open. I do not yet know how to fix it other than deleting any scrollbars and putting them back in.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's set for 'Don't move or size'.

I should mention that it does not change size when the desktop res is changed. What happens is after changing the desktop res and then clicking the scrollbar it just grows, or the buttons shrink. Believe me when I say that what I see happening is not anything it should be doing. Thanks for the note but I just wanted to be sure I was clear in describing what was happening.

By the way, this is XL 2003 in XP.

Upvote 0
To be even more precise, it happens when the scrollbar gets focus. So clicking it over and over again does nothing (save for the first time). When I give something else focus and comes back, it repeats.

What I may do is write a little macro to give it's size back, but that won't fix the shrinking buttons.

Upvote 0
That's an ActiveX control.

Have you tried one from the Forms menu?

This scrollbar appears to work just fine, thanks for the tip. I'm curious though, how do I access its properties from VB? Can I make all the same calls?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back