Scrolling ActiveX combobox

BimmerRacer

I have an active x combobox and when I expand it and scroll down, instead of scrolling in the list, it scrolls the actual excel window, leaving the dropped down portion of the combo box "detached". How do I remedy that?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Don't use the scroll wheel on your mouse. ;)

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Yep. ActiveX controls and worksheets don't really play well together.

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Do you actually need an activex control rather than a DV dropdown (or even a forms combobox, which doesn't scroll, but at least doesn't scroll the sheet either!)

BimmerRacer

ADVERTISEMENT

I do. I don't think forms dropdown has all the properties I need.

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Then I think you're out of luck. (the scrolling doesn't work on the list part in a form either).

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stams

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...