Scrolling Drop Down Menu

Brian from Maui

MrExcel MVP
I have several drop down menus with a dynamic range. The problem is that whenever I click on the drop down menu, it displays blanks and I need to scroll up everytime to display the menu. I've been searching the board for a solution but can't find one...... :devilish:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
well i tried it w/ auto filter - no good. that is unless you select column -> autofilter -> all blanks -> edit, go to -> all visible -> Edit, delete.

and with a named range, it must be delimited list, or contiguous. :(

i wish i could help ya brother, but unless you delete empty spaces, i don't know how you could. if there was a way, i would use it!

good luck.

Upvote 0
so are you leaving the cells blank to keep the range dynamic, and are going to add to it later?

edit: the reason i'm asking is i do something similar with my data validation lists. i like a tightly packed list. but i also like having the option w/in the list to choose a blank option (for whatever). so at the end of the actual list is where i store my blank cell.

so, let's say data from a1 : a50, a51 is blank, namedRange=a1:a51

when i need to add to that list, just click on a51 and insert. you could always write some code to do this for you and assign a button or something.

anyway, i hope this helps. i'll check in the morn. good luck Brian.

Upvote 0
Hi Brian:

I think you would want to set up a dynamic range because you do not want blanks at the bottom end of the range -- so as to be a dynamically adjusting range. So, I surmise there isa problem with your set up of the dynamic range.

Please post your data and your formulation of the dynamic range -- so we can have a look at what is happening.

Upvote 0
Here's an easy fix ....Start your list off with a blank. It defaults to the first blank which is why it goes down the list forcing you to scroll up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back