Search and retrive

kevinchurchill

Hello,
I have a problem in that I have found a template with code that searches folders and sub folders for selected file types
and returns the file path, date last modified etc. then in the last column it generates a link to the file, this is great
for me but not for my collegues, the problem for them is that they must first go through the FileSystemObject.
As we only need to search one fixed address folder that has many sub folders that are named with a four digit number, each subfolder
represents a machine, so using a text box and a command button to execute the search I would like to modify the code to search whatever
subfolder number I input and return the files in that subfolder with hyperlinks.
please feel free to follow the link below to access the file with code, I have added additional text boxes within the file to try and better explain.

thanks in advance for your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfgcxdeldfxctrb/SEARCHE DAM.xlsm?dl=0

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hello
Thanks for you’re reply,all the functionality I need is already in the linked to file in my post, i just need to modify the search method ie, i want to input the folder number in the text box and use a command button to execute the search.
As there is only one folder with many sub folders to look in it will simplify the process.
Thank you.

Upvote 0
Sorry i meant to say the MS browser object, thats the one I don't want to use I want to use just a search box of my own making to search for sub folders in a fixed location.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back