Search Box in Excel

wdw101

I would like to add a search box to worksheet 1 in my workbook of 162 sheets. I need the search box to search sheet 23 cell range B11:B342. These cells contain names of employees.

I would like the option of entering a name into the search box and either hitting enter or clicking a "go" button to search. If the search is successful, ideally a function would automatically redirect the user to the located text and if the text cannot be found, a message would appear indicating as such.

When it comes to VBA, I am a very basic user, so I would need the code written out for me and I need to know exactly where to put it and how to get the search box to appear.

I realize I may be asking a question already asked and answered in a different thread so I apologize about that.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I am wanting to create a search box in Excel... I am a beginer at this so please be gentle with me.

I have an excel worksheet with 22 different pages.. my idea is to have my first page as a search box and the other 21 pages will have infromation about the different locations I work at.

I want someone to open the worksheet and be able to type in the name of the location and it will open that whole worksheet.

Please help

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Hi Can any one help?
I have used this macro which was posted earlier an it woks fine but I just need the results to display on a new page. Also can you look for part of a name IE Caro so it finds Caroline & Carolyn? Any help would be great.

Sub FindEmployee() 'add a command button on your Master Sheet referencing this Macro
res = InputBox("Who are you looking for?")
For w = 2 To Worksheets.Count
With Worksheets(w)
Set Rng = .Cells '<< The Entire Sheet is Searched
With Rng
Set MyChoice = .Find(What:=res)
If Not MyChoice Is Nothing Then
Application.Goto MyChoice
MsgBox "Found " & res & " on " & Worksheets(w).Name
Else
MsgBox "Could Not Find " & res & " on " & Worksheets(w).Name
End If
End With
End With
Next w
Worksheets(1).Activate
End Sub

Upvote 0
im looking for some help with something very similar but cant find exactly what i need. i have a workbook with multiple sheets, every column A is a list of barcode numbers. i need to scan a barcode into a search box have it find it in the workbook then turn that cell green and automatically add todays date in the field next to it... is this possible to do from scanning in a code from the search field??

Upvote 0
im looking for something very similar, i just cant seem to get above code working or modified right for what i need. i want to add a search box to my master page in my workbook, and type or scan in VIN numbers. and have that search the whole workbook in column A. and possible highlight in yellow when i matches.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back