Search Cell DropDown Menus

mcgonma

Board Regular
Is there a way to search a cell specific drop down list?
The scenario is that if cells have a dropdown list that is extremely long, is there a way to click on the arrow and type in a couple of the first letters of the item i'm looking for to get brought further down in the list?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
The scenario is that if cells have a dropdown list that is extremely long, is there a way to click on the arrow and type in a couple of the first letters of the item i'm looking for to get brought further down in the list?
Try using "Search_deList_v2.1", it's a free Excel add-in, it works on Excel 2007 or later.

In case anyone needs it, I just released a new version of "Search deList" add-in, i.e Search_deList_v2.1.
Its function is to speed up the search in the data validation list. In any cell that has data validation (with type List) pressing ALT+RIGHT will open a User Form with a combobox. You can type multiple keywords (separated by a space) in the combobox to search items on the list.
By using this add-in, you don't need VBA to have this searchable combobox, so you can save your files as .xlsx.

This new version has some additional features, some of them:
  • Several ways to search, like using AND or OR or LIKE operator , with or without keyword order.
  • Sort the list by original order or ascending order.
  • Widen or shorten the combobox width at run time.
  • Insert multiple entries into the cell.

You can find it here (please check post #81 and also post #68 for full description):

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back