Search Cells, Create TOC, and Hyperlink

ClayShooter

Hey All,

I have a file with 5k+ lines in it. I need to be able to search through the sheet for all "headings" (cells merged A:J) and create a table of contents with the associated heading with a hyperlink from the TOC to that particular cell on the sheet.

The data for this file will be received weekly and will vary in length from week to week. The macro needs to be able to search to the last row while completing the tasks above. I have been able to piece meal parts but not put together something working. For example, I can search through and get a list of all "Headings" but not get them to be placed into cells in a new worksheet. I can get it to create a hyperlink to a merged cell but not work through all rows without replacing link just created.

I would appreciate if someone could help me with this. I will try to attached the file so that you can see the layout and formatting. Ideally I am looking for a 1-button solution to create a new sheet with a TOC that is hyperlinked to the associated "heading" on the data sheet.

Thank you for the help!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back