Search Column, Return Row Number or "Not Found"

sd2173

I am trying to find out how I can enter a number on a form and search a column "A1" for that number, if a match is found I would like to know the row number so I can pull data from that rown to form.

If the number is not found I would like to know it was not found.

This seems like it should be simple.

I have tried to create an autofilter macro but since the result just hides other entries my info is not accessable through row 2 since it is still in its original position?

Any help appreciated!
SD

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

sd2173

Below is the code I tried using the autofilter option but like I said, it still copies the actual row from the filtered list. This means when I run my macro it disregards looking for the number I want to search for "idnum.text" and instead automatically copies from the row which was found in creating the macro using a different ID number to filter.

Any help is appreciated thanks.
SD

'Sheets("StudentData").Select
'Selection.AutoFilter
'Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=idnum.Text, Operator:=xlAnd
'Range("A9:G9").Select
'Range("G9").Activate
'Selection.Copy
'Sheets("Sheet3").Select
'ActiveSheet.Paste

'searchrow.Caption = Sheets("Sheet3").Range("B1")

'Range("A1:G1").Select
'Range("G1").Activate
'Application.CutCopyMode = False
'Selection.ClearContents
'Range("A1").Select

'Sheets("StudentData").Select
'Selection.AutoFilter
'Range("A1").Select

'Sheets("Sheet1").Select
'Range("A1").Select

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achusp

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...