Search/Edit userform

johnpants

Hi, I have been given an example of a userform that can search and edit records, but am having a lot of trouble incorporating it into my workbook.

I have it working now, but there are a few small adjustments that I just cannot seem to work out.

Would anyone be kind enough to have a look at it and give me some suggestions/help please? I can only zip it up to 320kb without deleting necessary...

At the minute it searches fine and finds what I want it to. When it finds more that 1 instance it brings all of them into a listbox. The problem comes here, when I select the one I want to edit/delete from the listbox, it populates the textboxes on the user form, but when I go to apply the changes it amends the original record found in the search.

What I need is for the 'select' button to change the activecell to the one selected.. This will make more sense if you see the workbook.. :)

Does anyone think they would be able to fix this or tell me what to do?

Sorry if this seems a little complicated, i'm coming to the end of this project now and trying to get the more technical parts working..

Thank you.

John

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Ok, reading through it, that seems more complicated then I think it is.

I have uploaded the file to the link below. If anyone that thinks they might be able to fix it or let me know the code I need to make it work I would be very much appreciative.

The problem I am encountering is that when I have done a search and it finds more than 1 record, the listbox is populated. When I highlight the one I want in the listbox and press 'select' I want it to automatically go to that record on the spreadsheet. At the minute it stays on the first record it finds, so I am unable to edit the one I select.

Hopefully this makes more sense.. :)

http://f6.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oNB4Q2...p5P39RLvdREnKNh5JKVe005Z_A307xgKg/editrec.zip

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back